NYC kids are constantly in an Empire State of Mind. They are cultured, style-savvy, and street smart (where else can toddlers hail taxis?). They have the best city in the world at their fingertips and can show us a thing or two on how to enjoy this concrete playground: we can learn a lot by seeing the city through their eyes and enjoying their favorite things. We happen to have the top spots from restaurants to museums and activities. This is a jump start to your NYC family fun list and it can keep growing with your kids.
OPTIONAL: While there are some staple stops on an NYC tour that locals tend to take for granted (like the Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Observatories, etc.). Make sure you don’t overlook them – for each one of those, there are equally local and enriching activities that are not child-specific, but fun for kids of all ages.
- American Museum of Natural History
- The Met
- Children’s Museum of the Arts
- NYC Transit Museum
- National Museum of Mathematics
- Intrepid Sea, Air, Space, and Museum Complex
- Liberty Science Center
- New York Hall of Science
*We also add variety with all the rotating exhibits and popular pop ups as of late.
- The Plaza (Rawther Fancy Tea, Eloise Suite, Food Hall, etc.)
- The New Victory Theater and other kids theater
- The Highline
- Gallery hopping and shopping
- Brooklyn Bowl
- Central Park (zoo, carousel, ice skating, Marionette theater, anything and everything)
- Chelsea Piers (gymnastics, golf, skating, rock climbing, and more)
- Yankee Stadium
- Playgrounds (unique playground like Imagination Playground, Playground, and Domino Park)
- Governor’s Island
They say that if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. So, check it off your checklist and make the most of every New York minute.