Good For: Couples, groups of friends, families and even the solo
Luxury Travel FlorenceThe Florence Guide
Good For: Couples, groups of friends, families and the solo traveler. Just ask Diane Lane in Under the Tuscan Sun. Florence is the ultimate city for food, wine, art and a whole lot of romance.
- If a hotel was ever considered an attraction, it is the Medici palace where the Four Seasons calls home. A relatively, for the city of Florence, massive complex of the original nobel home and a converted convent, separated by a gorgeous park, the hotel is a compound of art, culture and history.
- Yes, it’s touristy, but we’re going to put getting what seems like unlimited truffles (sans scale) shaved onto your pasta by a Hapsburg count at La Giostra as one of our favorite experiences.
- For the most culinary experiences, dining at Cibreo one eve, and Pinchiorri the other, than debating for hours the next day over Tuscan wine which one you liked better. There are actually no wrong choices here.
- Checking out the new Eataly, which really does put the original New York outpost to shame.
- Shopping. For some reason, Florence, above Milan and Rome has always been the place we get the most loot – from haute couture fashions like Valentino to the gorgeous stationary stores for the beautiful Florentine prints.
- Immersing yourself in the art of the museums and the street life in Florence, which is art itself.
Cane e Gatto