Luxury Travel SydneySydney - G'Day Mate
The Galavante Team is spread out around the world this New Year, from South Africa, Australia, Bali, Myanmar and Thailand. If you’re so inclined to take a last minute trip, or start out 2015 with a life experience, consider these the top of the recommendation list. These destinations will take a little extra effort, but necessity isn't just the mother of invention - it's also the mee-ma of a legendary trip.
To bring in 2015, we couldn’t think of a better place to feature than Sydney, which as you read has been the first to welcome in the New Year. So Sydney – and your easy on the eyes lifeguards – this one’s for you.
· Exploring the culinary scene of the city, whose locals are passionate about their food and pride themselves in knowing all the insider places. Sydney may even make our top 5 list for food cities in the world. Our list is robust, so get ready to explore the international relations of world cuisine, from Mexican, Asian and the distinct Australian, being brought to the forefront by innovate chefs like Matt Moran.
· Spending an evening of debauchery at the Establishment in the Central Business District, starting with dinner at Mr. Wong’s, for the best Chinese cuisine outside of Hong Kong.
· Walking through The Rocks area, while touristy, and taking in the views of the harbor and the Opera House. Even better, stay at the Park Hyatt and soak it all in from your terrace with a bottle of wine.
· Getting up early for a dawn walk on Bondi Beach, and for those brave and skilled enough, surfing alongside the pros.
· Walking from Bondi after your surf to Bronte, and having breakfast at the Three Blue Ducks.
· Exploring the less touristy beaches like Clovelly and Manly, which are sublime for a local day of relaxation. And yes, the lifeguards are as lovely as at Bondi.
Suggested Stay: 3-4 days, as part of a larger trip to Australia. We would pair this with a jaunt to Hamilton Island, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef for 3-4 days, 2 days at the Emirates Wolgan Valley Resort and 3-4 days in Tasmania.
What to Know: In Sydney, the place to stay is The Park Hyatt, which has outdoor terraces overlooking Sydney Harbor and the Opera House. If staying at the Four Seasons, optimize your visit by splurging for the suite with prime views of the harbor. Sydney is not an inexpensive proposition; we would say that it’s even slightly more pricey than New York for food and entertainment.