Best restaurants Sag HarborThe Sag Harbor Hot List
If you live in New York City, it simply isn’t summer without some reprise from the concrete inferno in the Hamptons. There’s nothing better in the world than paddle board games on Main Beach, the family dinner at Nick & Toni’s and nights out at The Talkhouse, where we’ve known more people to meet their significant others than on the Millionaire Matchmaker. Montauk has been perennially hot for the past few years, where you can always find us at Surf Lodge and Crow’s Nest.
What we didn’t expect was for the quaint village of Sag Harbor to be the hotspot of the summer. Sag has always been a lovely destination– ice cream on the wharf, an authentic arts community, and fresh seafood, but now it’s the new Hamptons’ front runner. High-end shopping, (yes – this is where Gwyneth chose to set up GOOP), local farm-to-table cuisine, and cocktails that satisfy even the hippest Williamsburg resident.
Here’s our hot list for this August 2018:
Sylvester & Co.
· A sag harbor classic. A curated selection of modern home furnishings, art books, and delicious iced coffee.
· Peruse lovely furniture and luxury home goodies
· Pick up a book and sit at the café with a tea
· A familiar name, I’m sure. Wander around smelling and reading everything. Pick-up a travel size dropper of the lapis facial oil by Herbivore: it’s blue.
· New this season! A carefully curated collection of unique aromatics. Check out the scented mobile installation by local artists.
A Must: The Photogenics+Co lava stone diffusers held in concrete orbs are minimalist magic.
Browse an amazing selection of scents, one-of-a-kind handmade jewelry, and hats by Bona Capello (Erykah Badu’s milliner).
Food & Drink
· For a table here, call in all your connections and come dressed to impress. Must try: the ceviche to start (a refreshing display of pineapple and yellowtail) and the G+T with fever tree-infused gin and fresh blueberries. Think Saint Tropez in Sag Harbor.
No beach attire allowed, but they’ve been known to make an exception for those rolling up in Bentleys…the VIP patio has its own bar and the best view of the water.
Dopo La Spiaggia
· Order the spicy tuna tartare and squid ink tagliolini
· Watch the sunset with lobster rigatoni or just drinks
· Reserve a place on the porch
Lulu Kitchen & Bar
· Order the grilled heirloom cauliflower with yogurt and spicy local grapes
· Summer in a Bottle Rosé of course!
· Fresh sushi! And for New Yorkers used to dinner after 10 — Sen’s open til 2AM Thursday through Sunday. So, have another glass by the pool without worrying you’ll miss the village dinner window.
Urban Zen / Tutto il Giorno
· Order the Cucumber Collins and sip it outside on some unique furniture while you wait for a table
· An outdoor bar behind Page restaurant with a lively scene. Serving late-night bites—definitely order the truffle fries! Go and mingle with a local Clamrake Lager in hand.
Provisions Natural Foods Market & Cafe
· All your organic shopping needs! Grab a green juice and an avocado melt
The Dock House
· Order the Fried Fisherman’s Net
· Bring the kids and all of their friends, no one will mind here. Delicious burgers and “Rated R” milkshakes. A veggie burger even a carnivore wants to order.
Cavaniola’s Gourmet (for cheese, prepared gourmet foods & wine)
· Gather supplies for an exquisite picnic basket: cheese, prepared gourmet foods, and a bottle from their cellar.
· Exceptional frozen yogurt with gourmet toppings + vegan options
Coffee & Donuts
Bagel Buoy Market
· Order an everything flagel before they’re all out. Grab a picnic bench at marine park and watch the yachts float by.
· Get there early, they’ve been known to completely sell out of their handmade donuts by 3pm
· A great cup of coffee